ServiceNow, now aged more than 10 years has numerous applications and roles. For a new developer, it very soon becomes overwhelming for where to begin with. There are many resources out there for learning ServiceNow platform. This blog is another attempt of the same. There would be complete series for this adding new topics every week. Make sure to check them out all of them.
What is ServiceNow?
The ServiceNow Platform is a powerful cloud application platform that enables you to link real‑time data with activities, tasks, and processes to achieve better work outcomes.
- ServiceNow has been the forefront of Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions for the past few years and has been growing exponentially each year.
- It has a proven capability to transform IT and the enterprise, now becoming a career strategy for leading CIOs. With all of the benefits that ServiceNow offers, it’s no wonder it’s so popular.
Benefits of ServiceNow
1. ServiceNow is Simple
One of the biggest benefits of ServiceNow is the relatively low amount of configuration required to get up and running in an enterprise. It means that you can immediately be productive and begin identifying concerns and resolve them.
2. ServiceNow is Fast
- Built to manage everything as a service, ServiceNow helps the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
- It does this by placing a service-oriented lens on the activities, tasks and processes that make up the day-to-day work life.
- The reason it is so efficient is that it gives you a solid platform, including architecture, straight out of the box. From there you can work on the rules and build the forms very quickly, and you don’t even have to worry about the structures of your databases.
3. ServiceNow is Powerful
- ServiceNow is not only flexible, but it is exceedingly powerful in every aspect of its design.
- ServiceNow enables enterprise service domains to define services, provide an intuitive service experience, deliver service, assure service availability and analyze critical service metrics.
4. ServiceNow is Ubiquitous
- Since ServiceNow is a cloud-based PaaS (Platform as a Service), there are no ties to a local resource, and it can easily scale across multiple networks.
- It has the endurance to withstand the pressures of the IT industry, scalability, and customer requirements.
Prerequisites to learn ServiceNow:
- Basic HTML, CSS
- Knowledge on Angular JS (For Service Portal)
- Login to the ServiceNow developer site.
- In the Manage menu, click on Instance.
- Click the Request Instance button.
- Choose the instance version that you prefer.
- When the instance is assigned, the instance URL and the admin credentials will be shown on the page. Copy the admin password to the clipboard.
- Click the instance link to open the instance in a new browser tab.
- Log in to the instance with the username admin and copied password.
Now that, you know what ServiceNow is and how to register and create a Personal Developer Instance, find the next blog where you get clarity on the Developer Page and Infrastructure of ServiceNow.
The next blog would a continuation to this and we will be looking into the process of “Table Creation” in ServiceNow. Look for my comment or an edit to the same blog for the next topic.